Patterns of behaving, thinking, feeling, and acting are ingrained into the fabric of our being. Many of our patterns go back as far as childhood. Some patterns of behavior are harder and take longer to break than others.
There are healthy patterns and unhealthy patterns. Some patterns that once served you may not be anymore. When you notice that you keep doing the same pattern and not getting your desired result- this is a red flag signaling that your beliefs, thoughts, emotions, and actions need to be disrupted and rebooted. This is an indication that disrupting old patterning could help you to move onward in your desired direction.
For years I have been doing my own personal work of shifting, disrupting, and changing my own unhealthy patterns that are no longer serving me by focusing on breaking one pattern at a time. I love how empowering it feels to know that you have the power to control your responses to impact your outcome.
This is definitely easier said than done. Changing patterns takes time. Depending on how strong your beliefs are that are driving your feelings and actions, this can affect the length of time and challenges you may experience while changing this pattern.
It is difficult and takes time to disrupt and change patterns that are no longer serving you. It is often essential to have support from a therapist or a coach during this process.
Tips of where to begin:
- Identify the pattern(s) that are not serving you.
- If there is more than one, pick the pattern that is impacting your life or health the most currently.
- Start with one.
- It can become overwhelming if you are focusing on more than one at a time.
- Focusing on one at a time will help you to set yourself up for success.
- Be compassionate with yourself.
- This takes time and it is not a linear process.
- At times it will be easier to make changes than others.
- Remind yourself that it takes time and that you are doing great.
This may seem like a lot, but one small step over time leads to major transformation.
Disrupting and Changing patterns of beliefs, thoughts, feelings, and actions that are no longer serving you will empower you to create desired results in both your life and health. Real change takes time, commitment, and consistency. You deserve to have the life and health that you desire, and making changes in how you think, feel, and act that are not working for you will propel you forward to say YES! to yourself and your health.